Here are some scripts I’ve written. This page lists the bits of code I consider most useful, but you might find other useful things among my related posts.
- LDraw: Virtual LEGO goodies.
- Chipmunk Basic: Documentation and examples.
- Vintage Games: Artifacts of an earlier era.
Scripts for the Mac OS X Finder
Now located at https://github.com/anoved/Finder-Scripts.
- lselect: Make complex Finder selections using wildcard syntax.
- Select Grep: Select files whose contents match
- Open As: Create and open named duplicates of files with the Finder.
Scripts for Yojimbo
Now located at https://github.com/anoved/Yojimbo-Scripts.
Yojimbo is a handy program. It’s even handier with these additions.
- Bookmark in Yojimbo: Bookmark web pages from Safari or Firefox directly to Yojimbo.
- Expanded Yojimbo Comment Fields: See more of your item comments.
- Yojimbo Tag Companions: Apply one tag to all items that already have another.
- Export with Comment Tags: Export Yojimbo items with their tags as Spotlight comments.
- Archive Yojimbo Bookmarks: Retrieve web archives of selected Yojimbo bookmarks.
- Import Yojimbo Note Service: Create a new note entry from selected text.
- Backdate Yojimbo Import: Automatically restore original creation and modification dates of imported items.
- Backdate Yojimbo Items: Modify item creation and modification dates.
- Yojimbo Tag List: Display and copy concatenated lists of Yojimbo tags.
Scripts for Other Applications
- iTunes Library Item Transfer: Move songs and videos between libraries with less fuss.
- Resize Pages Graphics by Percent: Use relative percentages to adjust object dimensions.
- Global GraphicConverter Information Window: Consult image information from other applications.
Novelties and Utilities
- dbfjoin: Command line tool to merge DBF tables.
- strpdf: Command line tool to create PDF pages consisting of short text strings.
- Save PDF Pages as Images: Automator action to generate a series of images based on PDF pages.
- Pascal’s Triangle and Binomial Expansion: A simple mathematical visualization.
- Building NEdit and xv on an Intel Mac